Hello and Welcome!


Welcome to my little place in the blogging world. :)
I like to share details here for the DT projects I create and also some of my own tutorials.
I would love you to leave me a comment so I know that you have visited me.
Thanks for stopping by! Ni :) x

Monday 19 September 2011

It's not just for christmas! - 1 cutting Die, 3 Cards. :)

That's right it isn't, even though it might look like it at first glance!
Today my post is about the versatility of a new Me to You product, the Candy Cane die.
With just a bit of tweaking it becomes such a versatile die and anyone who knows me knows I LOVE die cutting so it's my product of the moment! :)

Ok, so on to the first card!


Now honestly does that look like it was made using Christmas products to you?!
Personally I think the pattern of the embossing folder and papers looks like firework explosions, especially in these colours.

The die is part of the Winter Wonderland range; as are the Snowflurry embossing folder (used on the purple coredinations card) and the white/pink backing paper.The extra bits are the Quickutz Mini Present die, some card candy and the Me to You, Happy Birthday senitment stamp.

***

Now this next card is a christmas card yes, but you'll notice something a bit odd about it.....



That's right, Tatty Ted is no longer his trademark grey colour but a nice chocolate brown!
If you just want to use the die as a non-brand-specific (yes I know thats not a word!) bear then I thought why not make him brown, or maybe even 2-tone with lighter paws and muzzle?!

***

Lastly I thought I should share a card using the die as originally intended, a christmassy Tatty Ted, complete with glittery hat!
The ribbons, senitment and border strip are all from the Winter Wonderland Ultimate pack.


Hope you enjoyed these cards and it was sucessful in displaying the versatility of the die. :)
I'll be back soon with some hints and tips for using the die itself.

Thanks for reading! x

2 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Oh wow these are gorgeous cards. Lee xx

'The Crafting Owl' said...

Hiya. Thought I'd drop by as I've not visited for abit. The box looks wonderful and I'm gonna give it ago. You've certainly been busy and the teddy cards are so cute xxx