Hello and Welcome!


Welcome to my little place in the blogging world. :)
I like to share details here for the DT projects I create and also some of my own tutorials.
I would love you to leave me a comment so I know that you have visited me.
Thanks for stopping by! Ni :) x

Friday 25 March 2011

Funky Hand - Word Book!

Just wanted to share a basic word book that I made for a colleague at work.
It was her 60th birthday and my work mates asked me if I could make a special card for her, so I explained the idea of a word book to them and they loved it! :)

Obviously the ladies name is Heather and as she does not have a favourite colour I chose these lovely pastel shades from the Dreams Come True cd-rom in the lovely floral pattern.

As the name is quite long for a word book I trimmed the right edges off and cut right to the outline of each letter.
Then I laid them out, overlapping the letters slightly and trimmed off the left edges to make a level spine which I staped together and added ribbon to decorate.
The last two pages had to be extended with the offcuts from the other pages but I lined the lines in the pattern up and you could hardly see the join as the insides of the pages looked like this:


Where the joins were I made sure to place a greeting circle and or flower embellies i made with a punch and some glitter glue.

To make the greeting circles I used my nesties to cut the circles out of complementary card, a plain colour for the top layer and a dotty embossed pattern for the base layer.
Each member of staff at work was given a circle and asked to write their birthday message on it.

She was thrilled with it and I was too as I think it's a really lovely way of using a word book.
TFL, Ni :) x

2 comments:

Chris said...

Great word book Ni
Chris xx

Unknown said...

This is great, and i love this idea for a birthday pressie from lots of people

Kate xxx